Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cast removed, Strasburg set to start rehab

WASHINGTON -- A month after having elbow reconstruction surgery, Nationals right-hander Stephen Strasburg said he had his cast removed two weeks ago, is close to having his range of motion back and should be rehabbing his right elbow soon.

Strasburg, who is continuing his studies at San Diego State University, said he watches the Nationals on a regular basis and acknowledged that it's sometimes hard to watch them because he is not out there. Strasburg is expected to be back on a Major League mound by the end of next year.

"I wish I was out there with everybody," Strasburg said during a conference call on Tuesday. "I think the hardest part was being back [in California] and waiting for the surgery to happen. Once it was over with, it was sense of relief. I knew everything was fixed and I'm closer to getting back out there."

MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment